Sunday, June 15, 2008

Him..

My kid sister is falling in love with him. She's dreaming about him ..talking about him..running off to be alone with him...the whole package..

It seems kind of strange.As if that was me just yesterday! Me and him.I still remember clearly...rushing home from school, sometimes skipping lunch and closing the door of my room, just to be alone with him...Staying awake long past Ma went to sleep..and then sneaking off to him.Tests,exams..I never cared..he was always more important! I remember as we both together stepped into teenage..and journeyed through the days of our lives..his life and mine interwined to form 'ours'. Smilling with him, crying with him, dreaming about him...just as my sister is today.
Just one thing was different...she doesn't have to wait for him like I did...
Waiting had its own charm.Waiting for him to be back..and in the meanwhile..imagining.Turning off my sense organs during boring history periods,and smirking inside..'they don't understand!! I'm a witch!!'... Getting late for school..the peon locking the gate,and me desperately trying 'alohomora'.Craving for a wand when I broke the persian vase..Our world..a lot of mine..a bit of Harry's..

I still go back to him sometimes..times when I'm really low.And even though the butterfly has flown away..there still are some faint traces of colours left on my fingertips...My eternal bit of 'lumous'...

Magic is a powerful word...a powerful world.And my sister is falling in love.
I'm glad. :)

14 comments:

SIDDHARTHA said...

Good to see ur kid sister in love... truly its a dream world for her now... and u have well depicted it..
I guess i shud also start of with some of Rowling's creations...:)

Lucifer said...

it gives u wings..no need to even say "Wingardium Leviosa"!!!

IncorrigibleV said...

Mann aka Bubbles' new post
she asked me to drop the link to everyone on her blogroll

Unknown said...

Teenage love seldom succeeds.. But thats the Fun of it.. The pain And the memories remains safely Hidden.. in The Heart.
Such are the Fairytales!! Like teenage Love.. their fragnance will remain forever..
It happened to You, will happen To your Sis.. and to many more..

Macadamia The Nut said...

I have one who regales me with tears each time they 'break up'. I stopped counting after the first dozen of breakups ;)

Anonymous said...

Teenage is primetime for hero worship. It'll susbside before she's 19.

Phoenix speaks.... said...

@sidd.. just let me know..I'll lend it to u :P

@mayz.. I know!! :)

@vandita.. I really hope she gets well soon..

@arindam.. may the fragnance linger..

@macademia.. 'breakups' ar yet to come..but it's kind of hard to break up with Harry potter.. :P

@driftwood.. primetime it is :D

Macadamia The Nut said...

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix speaks.... said...

@macademia..ROTFL? sorry didn't get you.. :P

Anonymous said...

rotfl....rolling on the floor laughing.
damn, and i thought i'm the most virtual chat abbreviation illiterate dork this side of Tigris.

Anonymous said...

rotfl....rolling on the floor laughing.
damn, and i thought i'm the most virtual chat abbreviation illiterate dork this side of Tigris.

dilettante said...

i too love him !!!! even now !!! but yes i remember how much i had 2 wait in order 2 meet him !!!! gud tat ujaan is getting 2 kno him widout waiting 4 so long !!

Unknown said...

Magic...so captivating that the memories can't seem to elude you for a long time.
I actually find myself chanting those magical words and trying to see if I could speak to animals..LOL

Let her find solace in her world, her magical moments! It could be "behind splashed doors" for you but for her....it is different!

Thanks for your comment on my blog!

little boxes said...

havent we all fallen in love that way!
beautifully expressed